X-Honours is an extracurricular program for students who are open-minded, curious and want to go the extra mile. We meet every Wednesday afternoon in the X-Lab (room N-D.0037). During this time, we have workshops where we help companies solve certain problems or inspirational speakers. More and more, the program is also lead by students of the program, who want to share their passions and experiences. The program is based on five pillars, which are the following:
The five pillars
Students work talent-oriented and are inquisitive and interested. They are reflective professionals who are aware of their strengths and weaknesses and their position in their learning process
Students turn ideas into actions and products, can win over people and convince them of their ideas. They show initiative and are flexible and service-oriented.
Students work in multidisciplinary manner, that means that they collaborate with other students and professionals. They approach complex issues and perform research based in various specializations, while being open and inquisitive.
Students look beyond (national) personal boundaries and create links that may not be obvious. They come up with new and surprising solutions for complex issues of the personal and professional practice.
Students identify the added values to the professional field and society in their surroundings or elsewhere in the world. They have a strong moral compass that sets the course for your actions.
The X-Honours guide
In the guide, you can find more detailed information. Do download this and read it through when you start X-Honours. Here are some highlights:
- In X-Honours, you create your own route with activities and projects of your choice. This way, you can combine X-Honours with the various things that you are already working on, and work on the five pillars in a way that fits your learning preferences.
- You get support from a coach, a basecamp, and a community of students and professionals.
- We offer an inspiring programme on Wednesday afternoons with guest lectures, challenging questions, workshops, excursions and discussions.
- You can participate in three levels. Most students start at base level in their second year of study, go to advanced level in their third year of study and combine the expert level with their graduation assignments. But your route is up to you. Do you want to start in your first year of study, of your third? No problem!
- Per level, you can get a certificate for completion. You can even get an X-Honours degree: a supplement with your diploma with a letter of recommendation from the executive board of NHL Stenden!
The X-Lab is a space created by members of the X-Honour program. This includes students, coaches and especially Martin who is always trying to find ways to make the Lab even nicer and more welcoming. It is a place where you can work and get things done, but also meet people and have a good time together. We meet there outside of Honours and have dinner together or order pizza and play games or watch movies.
The X-Lab is an inspiring place to be, it is full of different projects, memories and plants and most of the times it feels more like a big living room rather than a classroom. You always meet new and interesting people there. It connects all of us. It is a ‘Safe-Spot’ where everybody can be themselves. Students follow their passions, so don’t be surprised if you see someone playing the piano or the guitar, painting or just having a good time with friends.
Interested? Just come by and spend some time there and experience it yourself.